Joseph J. Pizonka
After serving as a prosecutor in the Montgomery County District attorney's office Joe entered private practice where he has gained over 40 years of broad experience including real estate and trust planning and administration, real estate purchase, sales and development, business sales and acquisitions, represented of small and medium size business, title and boundary disputes and family law.
He has served as solicitor for several municipalities and municipal authorities and has represented disputants at all levels of court proceedings including cases argued before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
He is a founder and principal of Commerce Abstract Co, inc. which has been dealing in residential and commercial real estate transactions for over 35 years. He is a former editor of Title Policies, a quarterly publication of the title industry with state wide distribution and has been certified as a lecturer in title related matters by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
He is currently Senior Counsel to the firm of Bello, Reilley McGrory & DiPippo.
He has been named as a Top-Rated Lawyer by the American Lawyer Magazine and has earned an AV Preeminent lawyer rating by Martindale Hubbell.
He is a graduate of Dickinson College and received his Juris Doctor degree from Vermont law School.He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Areas of Practice
- Municipal Law
- Zoning and Real Estate Law
- Commercial Law
- Business Law
- Domestic / Family Law
- Pennsylvania, 1976
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Instructor in Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 1976
- Dickinson College
- B.A. - 1970
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Chairman of Fee Dispute Committee
- American Arbitration Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Land Title Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Upper Merion Township, Solicitor
- Upper Merion Township Transportation Authority, Solicitor
- Borough of Norristown, Former Solicitor
- Commerce Abstract Co., Inc, President
- Montgomery County, Former Assistant District Attorney
- Montgomery County Community College, Former Associate Professor of Business Law
- Borough of Bridgeport, Assistant Solicitor
- Montgomery County, Former Special Assistant County Solicitor
- Malvern Crew Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Montgomery County YMCA, Former Director
- Gwynedd Mercy Academy, Board of Advisors
- Title Policies, Pennsylvania Land Title Association's quarterly publication, Editor